The board is pleased to post the draft agenda for the Annual General Meeting on Sunday the 7th of September at the New National Library of Bucharest starting at 13.30 hours. The morning of this third day of the conference is dedicated to sharing information and the reports of the NFA’s. Every NFA will have approx 15 minutes to tell the other members about their plans, activities and membership strategy. Some of the agenda items are now filled. More updates will follow. So check the latest agenda here. The links will lead you to the minutes, several calls among which the call for candidates.
If you have any topics you would like to put forward please let us know as soon as possible via email@example.com but ultimately 15 July as the holiday season has started and we all need time to prepare.
For the Board,
Edith Lommerse President
Program 7th of September
– Sharing reports NFA’s (max 15 minutes)
– Presentation candidates Vice Presidents: Call for Candidates.def
– UWE action plan presentations mg working groups
12.30 lunch – voting
13.30 second part AGM (formal)
1. Adoption agenda
2. Minutes UWE+AGM+Istanbul+2013,+minute please send us your comments or language suggestions before so we don’t need to spend much time on the minutes.
3. Jans Gremmée award Call for Jans Gremmée Award 2014
b. Vice Presidents
c. Financial (material will follow asap) election of members financial committee
5. Proposal action plan 2015-2017 (posted shortly see also material informal part in the morning )
6 Proposal Meet and Greet and next AGM: Call for Hosting UWE 2015 and Meet and Greet
7. Orientation future UWE and IFUW: The UWE board proposes to dedicate some time to come up with a common strategy on our policy towards IFUW and the future of UWE.
Central Question: How do the NFA’s view the relation between UWE and IFUW and could we develop a common strategy towards IFUW?
- We have the same mission as IFUWbut our focus is on Europe (Council of Europe and European Institutions) because the focus of IFUW is on the whole world and the UN.
- Several of the NFA’s in UWE have discussions with the IFUW about the fees and are contemplating to leave IFUW which would also mean leaving UWE.
- Some NFA’s have left UWE because they couldn’t or didn’t wish to pay the dues of IFUW
- UWE now has 18 countries , there is room for more:)
- UWE is not part of the governing system of IFUW and doesn’t get any support (material or immaterial)
- The UWE AGM during the meeting of IFUW was almost impossible to manage as the IFUW Board didn’t plan a proper UWE AGM (They offered a space in a restaurant during lunch).
8. Proposal dues 2015: 0,46 cts per capita
We have the resolution of the Scottish NFA which was accepted in Helsinki for a per capita dues. For one year we had an amendment of The Finish and the Dutch association for 1 euro per head till a thousand members after that 0.25 cents per capita. The board did propose a budget last year in Istanbul but confusion arose partly due to shortness of time in Istanbul. For this reason we used the same fee 92014) as the last year (2013) which was accepted by the AGM in Istanbul. We now have calculated the budget for 2015 and and divide this per member (2014) . the per capita fee for 2015 is 0,46 cts per member. Our sincere apologies for the confusion. Budget 2015 and fee 2015
8 Any other business.