The UWE Board is pleased to announce we have two applications from candidates interested in the position of Vice President of the UWE: Isabelle Trimaille from Paris, France and Elena Flavia Castagnino from Syracuse, Italy. Elections will be on Sunday 7 September during the AGM in Bucharest. The new Vice Presidents will replace the current Vice Presidents dr. Marie José Jonczy and dr. Vera John Mikolajewski, both have served two consecutive terms of three years. Thank you so much for all your work and dedication for women in Europe Marie José and Vera. The candidates will present themselves during the AGM and will both conduct a workshop at the Conference. Click on the links for her CV and letter of Motivation.
Candidate Isabelle Trimaille
Candidate Elena Flavia Castagnino
Tasks UWE Vice-Presidents. The duties of the UWE vice-president will be divided in the board and can be:
- Participating in the INGO Conferences of the Council of Europe and report on them to the UWE-members
- Participating in the European Women’s Lobby Meetings and report on them to the UWE-members
- Participating in other gender lobby activities
- Supporting the president by visiting other NFA’s time to time for special celebrations etc.
- Contributing to the UWE strategic and work plan.
- Writing two monthly reports
- Posting news and articles on the website
The Vice President should have collected some experience in working within her national federation/association (NFA) or a similar organization. She is familiar with the European Situation on Gender equality and is interested in lobby for equal opportunities in all aspects of society for women and men. She enjoys travelling and is keen to work in an European team. Preferably, she does not have an official function within her own NFA to avoid conflict of interest.
- Fluent in English (both written and orally) and preferably French as both the European Women’s Lobby and the Council in Europe is partly French spoken.
- Digitally able: e.g. Skype; WordPress, Facebook, etc.
- Collective governance adept
- Knowledge of the EU and Council of Europe
 The UWE gives a small remuneration which covers the travel costs in part. In practice a Vice President of UWE spends approximately 1500 Euro per year additionally.