Invitation UWE 2015 update In this update information on the tours and an overview of the speakers for the conference.
Thursday 27th August: Arrival and Registration. Informal welcome reception. Mayor’s place or University.
Friday 28th August:
- Welcome Remarks: Edith Lommerse, President UWE, Jeanne Martens, President VVAO, Cathryn Bell, President GWI (former IFUW)
- Keynote speeches: Bercan Gunel, director WomenCapital, one of the biggest recruiters for women in toppositions, Catherine Royle, advisor at NATO, former ambassador for the UK in Venezuela en Afghanistan, Claudine Hermann, Honorary Professor of Physics at Ecole Polytechnique and Vice-president of the European Platform of Women Scientists.
- Workshops (Professional Flirting, Intercultural Networking – Crossing the boundaries, Code of solidarity – Business and Professional Women Europe, Istanbul Convention – Alliance Violence against women, The Network Game).
- Dutch Evening, starting at the Dom Tower with the opening sounds of the Utrecht Early Music Festival.
Saturday 29th August:
- Opening: Professor Kamelia Assenova (Bulgarian Association of University Women)
Public spending, empowering women’ education and health care in Central and Eastern Europe.
- AGM: Future of UWE Action Plan, Reports on activities by NFAs, reports, elections, date and place next Conference.
- Festive dinner in the historic surroundings of the wonderful world of self-playing musical instruments, Museum Speelklok, including Tombola.
Before and after the Conference optional tours. Sofar most go on the tour around Utrecht on the 30th of August. (price 50- 75 euro depending on number of participants)
Early bird until 1 of August and a Special price for young members and students:
Born after 1980 or still studying? A reduction of 25 euro is for you. Combined with the early bird option a perfect deal to get to know the UWE Network.