European Women’s Lobby is hosting a webinar on Women and Armed Conflict on Monday, 21st September, the International Day of Peace, 3pm-4pm (Brussels time).
The webinar “Mobilising for a Feminist Approach to Peace and Security” is part of activities during this Year of Action on Beijing+20. It will give a prominent voice to many EWL members, at national and European level, and EWL partners.
• Moderator: Pierrette Pape, EWL Policy and Campaigns Director
• Technical facilitator: Oonagh Eastmond, EWL Policy Assistant
Welcome and introduction, with presentation of EWL factsheet from EWL report on Beijing+20 ‘From words to action’
Section 1: Women’s organisations mobilise for peace and security!
Our Balkan members on the Women’s Tribunal in Sarajevo
- On violence against women in conflict
Women’s role in post-conflict reconstruction: Northern Ireland Women’s European Platform (NIWEP)
- On the implementation of UNSCR 1325 in Northern Ireland.
Women at the core of peace negotiations: Cyprus Women’s Lobby
- On the inclusion of women in peace negotiationsA feminist approach to justice:
Section 2: Towards a feminist approach of peace and security
Feminist leadership in peace and security: WIIS (Women in International Security)
- What does a feminist perspective to peace and security and women in leadership look like?
Protecting the human rights of women in armed conflicts: Global Justice Center
- Campaign of the on access to abortion services for women victims of rape in war
A critical feminist perspective of military spending: WILPF (Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom)
- Campaign ‘You get what you pay for’ and WILPF Video: Security: What is it?
The current refugee crisis: Hungarian Women’s Lobby
- The gender dimension
Discussion and final words from the guests, including their most important recommendations.
We hope that you can follow it, but also share the information in your networks and channels.