Awarded in November each year, the prize is created by the French Association of University Women and University Women of Europe.
The prize is awarded for a biography in French of an author on the life of women who have lived in France or abroad.
The biography must be made available to the AFFDU/UWE Jury on 30 August 2020.
The laureates may only compete once. The prize money is the publication of the Biography in French by Editions Ampelos. The laureate undertakes to rework her biography for publication if necessary.
Biographies selected by the jury may be published online on the websites dedicated to this purpose.
Abstracts of the biographies presented for the prize will be published online on the websites of the associations AFFDU and UWE, as well as on the Publisher’s website.
Biographies should be sent before August 30, 2020 to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In electronic format:
- a compressed file with the first names, surnames, etc., will be sent to the Editor.
- The text with a maximum of 160 000 characters including spaces, its annexes may be a bibliography of 2 000 characters including spaces and a maximum of 18 illustrations in pdf format.
- A 5,000 character biography summary, including spaces, without footnotes, in word format. The abstract should include a definition of the subject of study, a brief presentation of the sources and the problem, and the main results of the research.
- In French, if the text also exists in another language, it can be attached in the following languages
- The author’s telephone, electronic and postal contact information
- A resume.
- Authorization for publication by edition and on the web
- If the author is a University graduate, she will become a member of the AFFDU. If the author is not a University graduate, she will become a related member or will make a donation equivalent to the AFFDU membership fee. In this way, she will subscribe to the corporate objects of the AFFDU as well as to those of the UWE which inspire this competition.
And in paper format:
- A simple mailing, no registered mail, we will not be able to receive them, including two paper copies of the Biography and its possible appendices
- two hard copies of the abstract
- two copies of your telephone, electronic and postal contact information and CV
- these documents will not be returned
- at the following address: AFFDU/UWE, REID HALL, 4 rue de Chevreuse 75006 Paris – France
Only complete files will be considered.
Abstracts of the biographies that have competed for the prize may be published in the journal Diplômées and on the UWE website.
The members of the jury
President: Anne Nègre, UWE
Vice President: Sonia Bressler, AFFDU
Eric Peyrard, Editions Ampelos