Kit against sexism
The Gender Equality Commission of the Council of Europe (GEC) helps to ensure gender equality mainstreaming in all policies of the 47 member States. The Committee of Ministers has asked the GEC to prepare a draft recommendation to combat sexism. The final objective is to fight sexism in order to have more equality, less violence, less hate speech and cybercrime etc., in the different member states. As representative of the Conference of INGOs, Anne Negre have been invited to participate in the drafting committee of the draft recommendation. The drafting committee would like to have your opinion on this issue and I invite you to answer the following questions to strengthen our impact in the elaboration of this document:
- What areas do you consider should be covered by a Council of Europe recommendation to prevent and combat sexism?
- Who should be the target groups included in such a recommendation?
- What type of measures would you suggest to be included?
- Could you please highlight good practices in this area?
- Do you have other points?
Please find enclosed links to two documents on the subject. You will also find here an interesting « Kit against sexism »that could be useful in your INGO:
Please feel free to forward these questions to other INGOs or NGOs. The deadline for replies is 1 June 2017.
Please DO NOT SEND YOUR ANSWERS TO NGO-UNIT BUT TO ANNE NEGRE AT: email@example.com