The European Women’s Lobby
European Women’s Lobby is recruiting three paid interns for full time positions focusing on the following particular working areas :
Support to European Political Campaigning
APPLICATION FORM SUPPORT TO EUROPEAN POLITICAL CAMPAIGNING
Supporting work on our European Parliament 2019 election campaign and a special focus on combating commercial sexual exploitation, tasks include:
- Assist and support the EWL’s working groups;
- Assist and support EWL member-led 50/50 campaign in light of the 2019 European elections;
- Assist and support the development of major international events, including political advocacy strategy development;
- Assist and support the EWL’s working groups on ‘Women in Politics’ and ‘SRHR and Sexual Exploitation’;
- Assist and support in membership engagement in activities;
- Assistance to the roll out of campaign and lobbying activities.
APPLICATION FORM GENDER BUDGETING
Assist and support the implementation of the EWL’s Gender Budgeting project, tasks include:
- Project planning: some experience of Project Cycle Management or equivalent is welcome;
- Organise a capacity building workshop in the first quarter of 2019 and, building on outcomes, prepare a follow-up workshop to take place in the latter part of 2019;
- Assist and support the Expert Group;
- Liaise with EWL team members working directly on the project (research, communications) and indirectly (programme unit, finance/budgets, membership);
- Assist with the development of information materials and communication tools on the project for internal (EWL members, EWL feminist economics working group, funders) and external stakeholders;
- Assist in liaising with and reporting to funders.
Membership and Communications
- Support the Membership and Governance Coordinator with organising the annual European Women’s Forum with EWL Members and the young feminist summer camp;
- Work with colleagues to improve engagement with EWL Members through internal communications (newsletters, etc) and information management (update database, etc);
- Assist and support the management of website and social media content (with input of EWL staff and members);
- Work with the Communications and Media Officer to develop communication actions, supporting EWL advocacy and fundraising objectives;
- Prepare information and publicity materials (invitations, posters, logos, flyers, gadgets, videos, banners, postcards) for various audiences.
Please read this call for applications before you apply. All information on how to apply, tasks, necessary skills and conditions is here.
Interested candidates are requested to submit by e-mail to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line ‘Application for EWL internship 2019 / YOUR NAME’:
- A CV in Word or PDF (name your file as follow ’Last name-CV’)
- Filled-in application form in Word or PDF (name your file as follow ’Last name-application form-title of preferred internship’)
Closing date for applications is 16 January at 23:59 CET.
The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is involved in the project #womensvoices, with the Women’s Refugee Commission, a member of EWL, in order to give visibility to the situation and the protection risks faced by women and girls refugees and asylum seekers in Europe.With the project, the EWL and WRC want to call on the EU and its member states to abide by their obligation for due diligence and implement legislation and measures to prevent and answer to the male violence faced by refugee women and girls: Update Feb 2016 Goals and deliverables of EWL-WRC projectThey have therefore elaborated a questionnaire, which will help to get the broader picture of the situation and to develop joint advocacy messages, as well as efficient national factsheets. In order to do so, they are asking University Women of Europe to provide more information about the situation in each country, so our members are invited to take action: fill in the #womensvoices questionnaire!You will find here the questionnaire with its guiding note: Guidance note & questionnaire womensvoices project finalDon’t be impressed by the length! We know there are many questions, but they are organised to help you get the right information and get a better understanding of the broader picture in your country.We also highly encourage you to work with your members, with the expert to the EWL Observatory in your country, with the member of the European Network of Migrant Women in your country, and with any relevant NGO who is an expert on refugees/asylum or who is working directly on the ground.Together with Vix, EWL is also ready to directly be in contact with you, would you need to discuss the questionnaire and how to fill it in, or the strategy to find the answers and the right partners to contact.Please let us know any support you would need for this project! (email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can arrange a call, skype together with EWL, etc.).All the answers should be sent to email@example.com by 30 April.Please let us know, while you are working on the questionnaire, if you are stuck, or can’t provide all the answers; we can then discuss to find a solution and support you.We hope this project will be of interest to the majority of you!Please read the guiding note about how you can contribute too.Thanks a lot in advance for your interest!UWE BOARD