UWE AGM 2015
Invitation UWE 2015 update In this update information on the tours and an overview of the speakers for the conference.
Thursday 27th August: Arrival and Registration. Informal welcome reception. Mayor’s place or University.
Friday 28th August:
- Welcome Remarks: Edith Lommerse, President UWE, Jeanne Martens, President VVAO, Cathryn Bell, President GWI (former IFUW)
- Keynote speeches: Bercan Gunel, director WomenCapital, one of the biggest recruiters for women in toppositions, Catherine Royle, advisor at NATO, former ambassador for the UK in Venezuela en Afghanistan, Claudine Hermann, Honorary Professor of Physics at Ecole Polytechnique and Vice-president of the European Platform of Women Scientists.
- Workshops (Professional Flirting, Intercultural Networking – Crossing the boundaries, Code of solidarity – Business and Professional Women Europe, Istanbul Convention – Alliance Violence against women, The Network Game).
- Dutch Evening, starting at the Dom Tower with the opening sounds of the Utrecht Early Music Festival.
Saturday 29th August:
- Opening: Professor Kamelia Assenova (Bulgarian Association of University Women)
Public spending, empowering women’ education and health care in Central and Eastern Europe.
- AGM: Future of UWE Action Plan, Reports on activities by NFAs, reports, elections, date and place next Conference.
- Festive dinner in the historic surroundings of the wonderful world of self-playing musical instruments, Museum Speelklok, including Tombola.
Before and after the Conference optional tours. Sofar most go on the tour around Utrecht on the 30th of August. (price 50- 75 euro depending on number of participants)
Early bird until 1 of August and a Special price for young members and students:
Born after 1980 or still studying? A reduction of 25 euro is for you. Combined with the early bird option a perfect deal to get to know the UWE Network.
The UWE president and the JGA committee calls for candidates for the Jans Gremée Award 2015. Nominations should be entered before the 29th of July 2015 including a motivation maximum 400 words, a colour picture of the candidate and CV to email@example.com.
Criteria for nomination for the JGA
- The award can only be awarded to a female citizen of Europe.
- The contribution for the nomination for the award must enhance European Gender Matters and should be innovative.
- It is not obligatory that the award-winner is a member of UWE/GWI.
click here for more information . Call for Jans Gremmée Award 2015
We are pleased to invite you to the next Annual General Meeting of the University Women of Europe in Utrecht on 29th of August 2015 which will be combined, as usual, with a two day conference (27 till 30 August 2015). Details on the AGM and the elections for Secretary General. Treasurer and President will be posted on the website.
The conference in Utrecht, Netherlands, brings together University Women from all over Europe in a wonderful and inspiring environment.
The Conference theme is The Art of Networking – Skills, Styles and Values. We aim to focus on how to create opportunities and support systems for women among women and men and to find ways to cooperate with other networks. These qualities, skills and values are vital and essential to empower women and girls, as job opportunities and public opinion on parity can be strongly influenced via networking mechanisms. How do we use those mechanisms to the advantage of women and girls? How do we create an atmosphere of support and learning among women starting in our own NFA’s? Those questions and more you will be able to discuss at the UWE Conference 2015 in Utrecht.
We are looking forward to meeting you to exchange ideas and create energy and commitment!
The conference is open to all members of the University Women of Europe and their friends.
More details you will find in the Invitation UWE 2015.definitive. If you would like to join send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Early bird registrations are untill 15th of July.
UWE Conference 2015 in the Netherlands in the beautiful city of Utrecht on 28th of August till 1 of September 2015, before the meeting there will be the possibility to take part in two-day tour in the Netherlands. More information will follow shortly. Let us know if you’d like as tour before or after the conference dates at Boarduwe@gmail.com! The conference hotel information will follow shortly.
Movie on Youtube: https://youtu.be/UCslakwjmsI and https://youtu.be/MxPfuObZ0hk
More info on Utrecht http://www.holland.com/uk/tourism/cities-in-holland/visit-utrecht.htm
My daughter of 13 years old loves the bonus program of a large supermarket chain in the Netherlands. Every 15 Euro’s worth of shopping will get you a tiny pot with seeds. It could be broccoli, tomatoes, dill, parsley etc. The bonus comes in over 20 varieties. Now it happens that we don’t do our shopping at that Supermarket, but of course if you don’t know 13-year-old girls, let me tell you. There is no keeping her away from her target once she has set her mind to it. A great thing to have especially in later life I keep reminding my self, but to change my local grocery firm for a big supermarket was a bridge too far as they in the Netherlands. Still I couldn’t discourage her interest in the crowing of herbs and vegetables! Great opportunity for my city girl to learn how much work is done before the brocoli lands on her plate! Anyway I went out of my way on a rainy Tuesday to give my daughter a large amount of seeds of all kinds . of vergetable and herbsEven flowers I threw in because I like to see the flowers grow.
How big was my disappointment and hers, when she saw where the seeds came from. No tiny pot, no tiny name tag, no promises of immediate result. No instead she got, old-fashioned instructions in terms of sun, clouds and results in five months time, given the right circumstances. Mom she tells me almost holding back her tears, don’t you know. I want to do the same as my friends at school, I want to compare and be able to show my vegetables grow as well as theirs. It then occurred to me. It wasn’t the result it was the need to belong, to be part of community what made her want to grow vegetables and herbs.
Why am I writing this? I think it is the same with our NFA’s and the University Women of Europe. Once we meet, once we communicate we belong to a group to a larger society than our own small unit we know so well. That is a vital part of the purpose of NFA’s , of being University Women Europe. Yes and we also need to work on results and take part in the Society at large, that is why we are working on three themes in a plan of action that needs to be supported by as many NFA’s as possible. MOre women on decision making positions, Support implementation of the Istanvul Convention and cooperation and communication amongst ourselves and other women’s organisations.
For alll these reasons I enjoy being part of UWE, buut mostly for the inspiration I find in meeting amazing women from all over Europe.
I hope to meet you all at one of the UWE events in 2015!
Invitation to join the UWE Events
Happy and proud to give you some news on the UWE events in 2015. More information will follow shortly on the website www.uweboard.wordpress.com save these dates!
Final Gruntvig meeting on Domestic Violence Met by Educated Women in Helsinki on Friday 8th of May 2015, Saturday 9th of May time off in Helsinki and on Sunday some trips are planned with all attendants. More information to follow shortly. No fee is required trips, lunches and dinners are at your own expense. Write to email@example.com for more information on hotels and the final program,
Meet and Greet in London on 29th, 30th of May 2015. The event which focuses on informal gathering and sharing knowledge on the UWE Action Program is definitely on. It is a cooperation between the UWE board and the British Federation of Women Graduates (BFWG) and will prove to be a lively event at the House of Europe central in London in the West Minster area. You will be able to participate in several workshops and meet the members of the UWE Board as well as the Gender expert of the INGO Conference of the Council of Europe Anne Negre in an informal setting. Costs will be around 75 Euro’s for coffee and tea, lunch, dinner and high tea.
Please let us know soon if you are planning to come at firstname.lastname@example.org. On the website and those that have shown interest a list of hotels will be given in the neighborhood of the Europe House. Flights tend to be less expensive when booked in advance. Like last year in Amsterdam the Meet and Greet will also include cultural possibilities and ample time to meet women from around Europe. You will have a great weekend!
UWE Conference 2015 in the Netherlands on 28th of August till 1 of September 2015, before the meeting there will be the possibility to take part in two-day tour in the Netherlands. Ample opportunity to make tours to Belgium, Germany or France as it is all close.
More information will follow shortly. And did you like the facebookpage of the UWE yet? Another community:)
Happy and proud to give you some news on the UWE events in 2015. More information will follow shortly but save these dates!
- Final Gruntvig meeting on Domestic Violence Met by Educated Women in Helsinki on friday 8th of May 2015, saturday 9th of may time off in Helsinki and on sunday some trips are planned with all attendants. More information to follow shortly. No fee is required trips, lunches and dinners are at your own expense.
- Meet and Greet in London on 29th, 30th and 31 th of May 2015. We would like to know who would be interested in going to London for an informal UWE event with several workshops on the status of women in Europe by our Gender expert in the Council of Europe Anne Negre, UWE actionplan and the European Women’s Lobby. Please let us know if you are interested in coming, BFWG is thinking about hosting it but would like to know how many members are interested. Let us know: BoardUWE@gmail.com. Please let us know soon but ultimately 1 march 2015 as we have to plan ahead. Like last year in Amsterdam cost will be low and you will have a great weekend.
- UWE Conference 2015 in the Netherlands on 28th of August till 1 of September 2015, before the meeting there will be the possibility to take part in two-day tour in the Netherlands. More information will follow shortly. Please advice your members of these dates.