Webinar: WOMEN WITH DISABILITY IN EUROPE
University Women of Europe et Femmes pour le Dire- Femmes pour Agir, with the support of the Conference of International Non-Governmental Organizations of the Council of Europe have the honor to invite you to a webinar on an important topic: WOMEN WITH DISABILITY IN EUROPE WHAT PROGRESS NEEDED?
Reka Safrany, Hungary, President, European Women Lobby
Gerhard Ermisher, Austria, President, Conference of INGOs, Council of Europe
Moderation : Anne Bergheim-Nègre, Luxembourg, President, University Women of Europe, UWE
Part 1 : The legal situation at European level
- Dunja Mijatović, Commissioner for Human Rights, Council of Europe
Addressing the rights of women with disabilities in Europe: observations and perspectives
- Ana Pelaez, Spain, Secretary general of the European Disability Forum, Vice President of the CEDAW Committee
Role in Europe of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, December 13, 2006, and Recommendation 18, CEDAW Committee
- Luis Jimena Quesada, Spain, Former President of the European Committee of Social Rights, Council of Europe
The Social Charter, its assets to protect the rights of women with disabilities
Part 2 : What actions to take?
- Andreia Lourenço Marques, Portugal, President, Gender Equality Commission, Council of Europe
The progress made by the CoE Member States and the obstacles to be removed
- Claire Desaint, France, Women’s Committee of the European Disability Forum, Vice- President of Femmes pour le Dire, Femmes pour Agir
Civil society action structures in Europe to overcome obstacles to social life
- Pirkko Mahlamäki, Finland, Finnish Disability Forum, Executive European Disability Forum, Women’s Committee of the European Disability Forum representative in the European Women’s Lobby
What advocacy actions are carrying out?
4 Richard Leteurte, France, Director of an Establishment of Help by Working, Theater Eurydice, Association Sauvegarde de l’Enfance, l’Adolescence, et l’Adulte, Yvelines. Projection of a film of performances at the European Festival Orpheus, Theater and Disability
Closing: Béatrice Fresko-Rolfo, Monaco, first Vice-President of the Equality and Non- discrimination Commission, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, Rapporteur on Preventing and combating violence against women with disabilities
Thank you for your attention to this webinar, for registering to join us on November 14 and for spreading the word in your networks.