Ireland: an active and full program presented by the CER Maire O’Connell. A summary is to be found in this PP: IrFUW_OConnell-Maire_2014-09_1
A full report and new ideas on recruiting young members in the full report. IrFUW_Report on activities_2013-14
Italy the annual meeting is on 21- 22 October 2014. Also a proposal for working towards more women in leadership positions. Italy, FILDIS, Bucharest Sept 2014
- Westminster Seminar at House of Lords was based on IFUW Resolution 7 ‘Right to Safe Access to Education for all Girls and Women’. An Afghan undergraduate will follow postgraduate studies at University of Chester.
- Members visited Strasbourg for presentations and guided tours around European Court of Human Rights, the Council of Europe and European Parliament.
- Members attended the first ‘Meet and Greet’ in Amsterdam.
- At the National Conference and AGM at University of Swansea FOUR Resolutions were debated and carried:
- Representation of both men and women on all UN peace-making delegations.
- Support of Government’s progress towards permitting new techniques preventing serious mitochondrial diseases.
- Support of Government’s stance at the UN on Gender and Sustainable Development Goals in the post-2015 Development Agenda.
- Government to make sure suspected instances of forced marriage are investigated and where necessary prosecuted.
- CERUWEREPORT A positive recruitment drive is underway to attract young graduates.
Heather Hawkes,CER/UWE Representative
France: AFFDU is in the process of revising its statutes, in line with GWI statutes, and also is in the process of evolving into a modernized organization.
Brief French NFA AFFDU report at UWE AGM, Utrecht, 28/8/2015