Agenda UWE AGM 2014 Bucharest 7 September
The board is pleased to post the extended agenda for the Annual General Meeting on Sunday the 7th of September at the New National Library of Bucharest starting at 13.30 hours. We now have added the balans and audition report. Due to holidays and late delivery of the report they were posted later. Our apologies. The other material was posted end of June. Also we have two candidates for the two Vice Presidents Isabelle Trimaille and Elena Flavia Castagnino. https://uweboard.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1865&action=edit
Deadline for resolutions was 15 July; we received none. Deadline for candidates was 1 August. Invitations for the Meet and Greet or hosting an AGM are still welcome. Call for Hosting UWE 2015 and Meet and Greet
The morning of the third day of the conference (7 September) is dedicated to sharing information and the reports of the NFA’s. Each NFA will have approx 15 minutes to tell the other members about their plans, activities and membership strategy. So please prepare something to share and make the material available to be posted on the website. So check the latest agenda here. The links will lead you to the minutes, several calls among which the call for candidates.
For the Board,Preview
Edith Lommerse President
Program 7th of September
– Sharing reports NFA’s (max 15 minutes)
– Presentation candidates Vice Presidents: Isabelle TRIMAILLE UWE VP candidate AGM 2014 (1), Isabelle TRIMAILLE UWE 2014 cv_en
EFCB letter UWECV Elena Flavia Call for Candidates.def
– UWE action plan presentations mg working groups . the second day of the conference will be mostly dedicated to the topics of the draft action program which had four themes: Women on Boards, Support Implementation Istanbul Convention, Gender Sensitive parlements and Cooperation and Communication among women.
12.30 lunch – voting
13.30 second part AGM (formal)
1. Adoption agenda
2. Minutes minutes Istanbul please send us your comments or language suggestions before so we don’t need to spend much time on the minutes.
3. Jans Gremmée award
b. Vice Presidents
c. Financial (material will follow asap) election of members financial committee Balans. budget2014-15 AO
5. Proposal action plan 2015-2017 (posted shortly see also material informal part in the morning )
6 Proposal Meet and Greet and next AGM: Call for Hosting UWE 2015 and Meet and Greet: we have a proposal from Finland and from Germany inviting us. Also a tentative proposal from the Netherlands to host a meeting in The Haque.
Next AGM up till now no official invitations.
7. Orientation future UWE and IFUW: The UWE board proposes to dedicate some time to come up with a common strategy on our policy towards IFUW and the future of UWE. Present during the Conference will be a staff member of IFUW and two boardmembers of IFUW. Elsbeth Navarinin and Catherine Bell the chair of the IFUW.
Central Question: How do the NFA’s view the relation between UWE and IFUW and could we develop a common strategy towards IFUW?
- We have the same mission as IFUW but our focus is mainly on Europe (Council of Europe and European Institutions) because the focus of IFUW is on the whole world and the UN. Does IFUW have enough time and energy for European problems?
- Several of the NFA’s in UWE have discussions with the IFUW about the fees and are contemplating to leave IFUW which would also mean leaving UWE.
- Some NFA’s have left UWE because they couldn’t or didn’t wish to pay the dues of IFUW. In our constitution is written any member of UWE needs to be a member of IFUW. Could we contemplate to enlarge the possibility of membership without membership of IFUW for instance Friend of IFUW?
- UWE now has 17 countries , there is room for more:)
- UWE is not part of the governing system of IFUW and doesn’t get any support (material or immaterial)
- The UWE AGM during the meeting of IFUW was almost impossible to manage as the IFUW Board didn’t plan a proper UWE AGM (They offered a space in a restaurant during lunch).
8. Proposal dues 2015: 0,46 cts per capita
We have the resolution of the Scottish NFA which was accepted in Helsinki for a per capita dues. For one year we had an amendment of The Finish and the Dutch association for 1 euro per head till a thousand members after that 0.25 cents per capita. The board did propose a budget last year in Istanbul but confusion arose partly due to shortness of time in Istanbul. For this reason we used the same fee 92014) as the last year (2013) which was accepted by the AGM in Istanbul. We now have calculated the budget for 2015 and and divide this per member (2014) . the per capita fee for 2015 is 0,46 cts per member. Our sincere apologies for the confusion. Budget 2015 and fee 2015 The balans is presented under the reports and contains a slight mistake which we will clarify during the AGM.
9. Result of the elections
10. Any other business.
Audition report finance: contrary to the decision of the AGM in Helsinki a auditor was used in 2012 (costing aprox. 1000 Euro of which the Finish association paid 400 euros) and in 2013 the treasurer found her own financial committee as the AGM in Istanbul did not dedicate examiners)
Workshop IFUW: Finland and Nigeria
Image Posted on
Under the title “Free and Effective Education for All in Finland/Gender Inequalities in Nigeria – A Threat to Sustainable Societies”, dr. Auli Ojala from Finland and Prof.Beatrice Ker (University of Benin) from Nigeria gave a workshop at the latest IFUW Congress at Istanbul. Finland and Nigeria will continue working together so they said afterwards.